- Kindergarten-Grade 1 will check out 1 book.
- Grade 2 will check out 2 books.
- Grades 3-5 will check out 3 books.
- All books are checked out for 2 weeks.
- Students with overdue books will only allowed to check out the number equivalent to their returned books.
- Students are responsible for returning their library books. This includes lost books as well as any damaged that has occurred to the book.
- If your child damages or loses a book, a note will be given to the child at school to take home.
- Please make every effort to keep books dry. Keep them away from food and drink, and remove from wet backpacks. Moisture damage is the only type of damage that is irreparable.
- If a book is damaged, please pay the fine immediately. The fine will stay on the student's record until the fine is paid.
- If a book is lost, I encourage students to ask for adult help looking for it and not pay for it until the end of the school year. Many books turn up at home eventually!
- Checks should be made to Lake Superior Elementary School.
- If a lost book is found and returned to the library, the fine will be refunded.